1. What is Plasmacluster Technology?
Plasmacluster Technology is when a series of positive and negative ions are created through an ion generator and distributed through the air. The negative and positive ions then attach themselves to various forms airborne bacteria, mould and viruses in the atmosphere surround them and break down the molecules.
2. What are the major benefits of Plasmacluster Ions?
Plasmacluster Ion Technology is affective against:
- Deactivating airborne allergens, bacteria, mould spores & viruses
- Reduces unpleasant household odours including cooking, pets, garbage and cigarette smoke odours
- Refreshes the air by replenishing it with negative ions
3. Does the Plasmacluster cure all allergies including hay fever and dust mite?
The Plasmacluster Air purifier is not a medical device, we cannot claim it can cure allergies or Asthma. However the productís filtration system, including the pre filters, Apatite HEPA (High Efficiency Particle Air) and active Carbon filters are highly effective in dealing with airborne allergens such as dust mite, pet and pollen that trigger allergies and Asthma. The HEPA filter is a specially designed filter that captures particles as small as 0.3 of micron, effectively cleaning 99.97%.
4. How effective is the Plasmacluster in deodorising household odours including cigarette and pet smells?
The built in ion generator, which emits positive and negative ions into the air, is highly effective at neutralising unpleasant odours such as cooking odours, tobacco smoke, mildew and pets smells.
5. Are Sharp Plasmacluster Ions different from negative Ions?
Yes. Sharp Plasmacluster Ions are a combination of positive and negative ions. This combination of ions produces hydroxyl radicals with a powerful activated effect, to remove airborne viruses/mould and undesirable odours. Negative only ions have the effect of refreshing the air in a room. Positive and negative ions that make up a cluster ion occur naturally and are safe and harmless.
6. Is the Plasmacluster expensive to run?
No not at all. In fact the Sharp Plasmacluster is designed so that it can be run 24 hours 7 days a week if required.
7. How often should the filters be replaced?
Filter replacement is dependant on model & its use. Approximately 5 years for FUW53J & 2 Years for FUW28J/FUY30JW.
8. How often should the filters be replaced? & How much do the replacement filters cost?
MODEL FILTER NAME RRP APPROX FILTER REPLACEMENT
FUW53J FZW53SFJ $164 5 YEARS
FUW28J FZW28SJF $109 2 YEARS
FUY30JW FZY30SJF $87 2 YEARS
9. How does Sharp Air Purifiers differ from other brands?
Sharp Air Purifiers use passive (air filters) & active (Plasmacluster Technology), methods of air purification.