Sharp Basic Environment Philosophy:
Creating Environmentally Conscious Company with Sincerity and Creativity
As a global organisation, Sharp is committed to reducing the impact on the environment based on the philosophy of: “Creating an environmentally conscious company with sincerity and creativity”. Sharp aims to become an Environmentally Advanced Company: a company balancing business expansion with environmental preservation.
Sharp's new “Manufacturing Complex for the 21st Century,” currently under construction in Sakai City, Osaka Prefecture, Japan, is being advanced as one of Sharp’s most significant efforts to contribute to a low-carbon society. Within the complex, the world’s first LCD panel plant to utilize 10th-generation glass substrates will start production in October 2009, and the thin-film solar cell plant, one of the world’s largest, is scheduled to begin operations by March 2010.
Following its business philosophy and business creed of “Sincerity and Creativity,” Sharp is moving forward to even more thoroughly fulfill its social responsibility through manufacturing and technologies that contribute to the conservation of the global environment.
Sharp Corporation of Australia: Environmental Policy
The Policy of the Company is to achieve a high standard of environmental care in conducting our business in the Stock holding and Sale of Electronic, Consumer, Personal and Business products and the provision of Technical Support / Service for the product distributed.
The Company's aims are:
- To conduct the Company's business in a manner that is environmentally responsible having due regard for the Corporate Environmental Policy, changing community standards and expectations and to comply with all relevant environment legislation and regulations.
- To monitor and modify the Company's environmental activities to ensure compliance with changing laws, standards and community attitudes.
- To conserve resources used by the Company in the execution of the Company's business including the maintenance of effective energy conservation strategy when it is cost effective.
- To achieve ongoing improvement in environmental management and prevention of pollution.
- To provide appropriate Environmental training to relevant staff to ensure proper operation of the Environment Management System.
- To implement environment policy through the Environmental Committee, which will set tasks for environmental matters within the Company, and provide the resources necessary to support the Company's environmental policy and its initiatives, including encouraging and reviewing staff recommendations leading to improvements in the Company's environmental performance.
- To obtain and maintain third party certification for our Environmental Management Policy.