Speedy Copying with SOPM
The AR-5520N’s Scan Once/Print Many (SOPM) function stores a scanned original into memory to quickly produce up to 999 copies of each page at a continuous copy rate of 20 cpm. Moreover, its quick first copy time of 7.2 seconds saves valuable time when performing multiple short-run jobs.
For further convenience, an Electronic Sorting function allows the AR-5520N to automatically collate multiple sets of copies in page order without the aid of a sorter.
Built-in Duplex Module and Optional RSPF
The AR-5516D can automatically produce duplex copies from one- or two-sided originals, thanks to a built-in duplex module. Duplex copying is even more productive when the optional 40-sheet Reversing Single Pass Feeder (RSPF) is used along with the module.
Versatile Editing Functions
The AR-5520N comes standard with such image-editing functions as XY Zoom, Dual Page Copy Mode, Rotation Copy, Margin Shift, Edge/Centre Erase, and 2-in-1/4-in-1—all of which make copying more convenient.
Speedy Printing with Sharp Technology
The AR-5520N is a high-performance TCP/IP network printer that incorporates Sharp Printer Language with Compression (SPLC) technology. SPLC effectively reduces the data size of print jobs, speeding up the transfer of data and the printing process while improving overall throughput. Another timesaving function, RIP Once/Print Many (ROPM), saves print data in the machine’s internal memory and transfers it to output at a fast rate of 20 ppm.
A3 B/W Scanning over the Network*
When it comes to document management, 600 x 600-dpi B/W scanning capability on the AR-5520N is an efficiency booster. Scanning paper documents into digital form makes them easier to organise, saves filing space, and rids your office of unsightly paper pileups. Since the AR-5520N supports the TWAIN standard, you can import scanned documents to a commercially available TWAIN-compliant application on your PC. Button Manager allows you to change/assign these destination applications and scan settings, while the optional Sharpdesk desktop document management software lets you easily organise, search, edit, and distribute your scanned documents.
*Requires driver contained on CD rom supplied with machine.
Large Paper Capacity
The AR-5520N comes standard with two 250-sheet front-loading paper trays and a 100-sheet multi-bypass feeder. Two additional types of paper drawers are available for a total paper capacity of up to 1,100 sheets.
Other Key Features
- 10Base-T/100Base-TX interface
- Digital auto exposure control, Text/Photo mode
- Automatic paper selection (APS)
- Automatic magnification selection (AMS)
- Auto tray switching
- Pre-Heat and Auto Power Shut-Off modes
- Cost-efficient Toner Save mode
||Max. A3, min. A5 [min. A6R via bypass]|
||600 sheets (250 x 2 + 100), max. 1,100 sheets with option|
|First copy time*1
||230~240V AC, 50/60 Hz|
||Max. 1.2 kW|
|Dimensions(W x D x H) (including document cover)
||590 x 550 x 555 mm|
||20 cpm (A4 size)|
||Max. 999 copies|
||AE: 600 x 300 dpi (default) Photo: 600 x 600 dpi|
||600 x 600 dpi|
||25% to 400% in 1% increments (50% to 200% using RSPF)|
|Fixed copy ratios
||50, 70, 81, 86, 100, 115, 122, 141, 200%|
|Print speed (max.)
||20 ppm (A4 size)|
||600 x 600 dpi|
||Windows® 2000, Windows® XP, Windows Vista®|
||Monochrome (binary): 600 x 600 dpi Greyscale: 300 x 300 dpi|
||BMP, TIFF, PDF|
||Button Manager, Sharpdesk*2, SC-Scan A|
Windows® 2000, Windows® XP, Windows Vista®
*1: Long-edge feeding of A4 sheets from 1st paper tray, using document glass in Auto Exposure mode, polygon motor running.
*2: Optional Sharpdesk license kit required.• Design and specifications are subject to change without prior notice
• Colour variations to products may occur due to printing.
• Some features require optional items. Please consult with an authorised Sharp reseller for details.
• All information and technical details are correct as at machine release date.
• Windows and Windows Vista are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
• All other brand names and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
• The Energy Star logo is a certification mark and may only be used to certify products that have been determined to meet the Energy Star programme requirements. Energy Star is a US registered mark. The Energy Star guidelines apply to products only in the US, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan.