Small Business up to 30 cpm
23 cpm Black & White and Colour Copier / Printer / Scanner
All the Essential Functions and an Advanced Imaging System.
Make the Move to Colour, the Jump to Added Performance
As a solid back-to-the-basics solution, the MX-2301N employs cutting-edge Sharp technology to deliver the copy, print, and network scan functions plus fax option essential for running a business. As a full-colour multifunctional system, the MX-2301N puts high-quality colour to work lending impact and advantage to business communications.
Boasting efficiency in everything from its compact frame to its speedy, 23-page-per- minute output in both colour and B/W, the MX-2301N offers an integrated document management system for workflow-enhancing functions and the Sharp OSA (Open Systems Architecture) development platform for third-party creation of customised applications. For peace of mind, multi-layered security solutions protect against data leakage and unauthorised access.
Isn’t it time to take your business-essential functions to the next level? Isn’t it time for the full-colour MX-2301N?
- Four-in-one functionality (colour copy, print, and scan plus B/W fax)
- Easy-to-follow, 8.1-inch touch-screen LCD control panel
- Finishing options include space-efficient finisher and punch modules
- Built-in stackless duplex module for efficient two-sided output
- 100-sheet Reversing Single Pass Feeder automatically feeds in one- or two-sided originals
- 1,100-sheet paper capacity, expandable to max. 2,100 sheets
- Improved imaging system with new developer and Mycrostoner-HG
- Sharp Auto Colour Mode for automated colour copying
- Supports Gigabit Ethernet for fast network printing
- Layered security solutions include SSL and restricted network access
- Sharpdesk provides easy desktop document management
- Document Filing enables reuse of job data stored on the hard disk
- Sharp OSA allows easy integration with network applications
Copying & Network Printing
- Super-Efficient Colour and B/W Output
- Productive Collated Output from Memory
- Built-in Stackless Duplex Module
- Job Build for Large-Volume Scanning
- Automated Finishing
- Large Paper Capacity
- Network Tandem Function
- Network Ready
- Superb Print Quality
- A3 Colour Network Scanning
- Multiple Distribution of Scanned Files
- LDAP Support
- High-Speed Faxing
- Automated Fax Finishing
- PC-Fax/PC-Internet Fax
- Internet Fax
- Paperless Faxing with Inbound Routing
- Encrypted PDF with Password Protection
- Secure Network Access
- User Authentication
- Print Hold and Confidential Print
- Secure Sockets Layer
- IPv6 and IPsec Support
- Document Management on the Hard Disk
- Easy Access to Stored Files
- Sharpdesk for Total Document Management
- Web-Based System Settings
- User Control
- Remote Diagnosis
- Network Utility Software
- Device Cloning
- Remote Operation
Environment & User Friendly
- Environment Friendly
- Energy Friendly
- 8.1 inch Touch Screen LCD
- Sharp OSA (open systems architecture
- Job Status Screen
- MXDEX7: 500 x 2 sheet paper feeding unit
- MXDKX3W: Cabinet for 2 cassettes
- MXTRX1: Exit tray unit
- MXFNX9: Inner finished
- MXPNX1A/B/C/D: Punch module (A:2, B:3, C:4, D:4 wide)
- MXPKX1: PS3 expansion kit
- MXFXX2: Facsimile expansion kit
- ARSU1: Stamp unit
- MXFWX1: Internet-FAX expansion kit
- MXAMX1: Application integration module
- MXAMX2: Application communication module
- MXAMX3: External account module
- ARPF1: Barcode font kit
- MXUSX1/USX5: Sharpdesk ver3.2 1/5-license kit
- MXUS10/US50: Sharpdesk ver3.2 10/50-license kit
- MXUSA0: Sharpdesk ver3.2 100-license kit
|Engine speed (colour & B/W)
||Max. 23 cpm/ppm (A4, long-edge feeding)|
||Max. A3 wide, min. A5R|
||Standard: 1,100 sheets|
||(two 500-sheet trays and 100-sheet multi-bypass tray)|
||Maximum: 2,100 sheets|
||Tray: 60 g/m2 to 209 g/m2|
||Multi-bypass tray: 55 g/m2 to 256 g/m2|
||Less than 60 sec.|
||Copier memory: 1 GB|
||Printer memory: 512MB|
||230 - 240V AC, 50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption (max.)
|Dimensions (W x D x H)
||620 x 670 x 950 mm|
||Approx. 112 kg|
||Card shot, edge/centre erase, job build, document filing, user authentication (1,000 accounts),|
|Original paper size
|First copy time*3
||Full colour: 8.9 sec. B/W: 6.0 sec.|
||Max. 999 copies|
||Scan (colour): 600 x 600 dpi|
||Scan (B/W): 600 x 600 dpi, 600 x 400 dpi, 600 x 300 dpi|
||Print: 600 x 600 dpi|
||Equivalent to 256 levels|
||25 to 400% (25 to 200% using RSPF) in 1% increments|
|Preset copy ratios
||10 ratios (5R/5E)|
||Auto paper selection (mixed/random size feeding), auto magnification, selection, paper type selection, auto tray switching, rotation copy, electronic sorting, network tandem copy, book copy, margin shift, dual page copy, multi-shot (4-in-1, 2-in-1), cover/transparency/tab page insertion, pamphlet copy, 2-sided copy orientation change, XY zoom, B/W reverse, mirror image, duplex copy, reserved copy, job programme, image repeat, irregular original/paper size input, stamps (date, page number, text, stamp), multi-page enlargement, tab copy, centering, proof copy, 3G Sharp auto colour mode, auto colour selection, auto calibration|
||Push scan (via control panel), pull scan (TWAIN-compliant application)|
||Push scan: 100, 200, 300, 400, 600 dpi|
||Pull scan: 75, 100, 150, 200, 300, 400, 600 dpi|
||50 to 9,600 dpi via user setting|
||TIFF, PDF, encrypted PDF, JPEG (colour only)|
||Scan to e-mail, desktop, FTP server, network folder (SMB), USB memory|
||Internet fax*s (supports direct SMTP), PC-Internet fax transmission*x, 3G Sharp auto colour mode, mixed size original scanning, LDAP support, direct entry (address, subject, message), 999 one-touch dials, 500 group dials, 48 job programmes, broadcasting, long original scanning (max. 1,000 mm)*u, auto colour selection|
|Document filing capacity
||Main and custom folders: 38GB, 5,500 pages*2 or 3,000 files|
||Quick file folder: 12GB, 1,700 pages*2 or 1,000 files|
||Copy, print, scan, fax transmission|
||Quick file folder, main folder, custom folder (max. 1,000 folders)|
||600 x 600 dpi|
||Windows Server® 2003, Windows® XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7#.|
||Mac OS 9.0 to 9.2.2, Mac OS X 10.2.8, 10.3.9, 10.4 to 10.4.11, 10.5 to 10.5.6#. (# As it becomes available).|
||TCP/IP (lPv4, IPv6), IPX/SPX (NetWare), NetBEUI, EtherTalk (AppleTalk)|
||LPR, Raw TCP (port 9100), POP3 (e-mail printing), HTTP, Novell Printserver application with NDS and Bindery, FTP for downloading print files, EtherTalk printing, IPP|
||Standard: PCL 6 emulation|
||Option*8: PS3 emulation|
||80 fonts for PCL, 136 fonts for PS3 emulation|
||Network tandem print, RIP Once/Print Many, job retention (print hold, proof print, confidential print), direct PDF/TIFF/JPEG printing, carbon copy print duplex print font/form download, offset output,printer administration utility and status monitor, pamphlet style, IP/MAC address filtering, port/protocol management, binding edge, N-up (2/4/6/8/9/16), paper/output tray selection, cover insertion, transparency interleave, fit to page, watermarks, form overlay, auto configuration, barcode font compatibility, tab print, poster print, secure network communications (SSL and IPsec [LPD]), toner save mode|
|B/W FACSIMILE (optional MX-FXX2 required)
||Less than 3 seconds*10|
||33,600 bps to 2,400 bps with automatic fallback|
||From Standard (203.2 x 97.8 dpi) to Super Fine (406.4 x 391 dpi)|
||A3 to A5|
||8MB flash memory|
|Grey scale levels
||Equivalent to 256 levels|
||Duplex transmission/reception, quick on-line transmission, error correction mode, 999 one-touch dials, 500 group dials, LDAP support, 48 job programmes, broadcasting number registration, F-Code compatibility (confidential, relay broadcast), polling, memory transmission/reception, auto reduction (transmission/reception), rotation transmission/reception, print actual size, 2-in-1 transmission, long original transmission (max. 1,000 mm), PC-Fax transmission, timer transmission, inbound routing to e-mail, activity report, anti-junk fax, dual page scan, mixed size original scanning|
* 1 At rated voltage, 23C. May vary depending on operating conditions.
* 2 : HDD capacity depends on procurement and sourcing status.
* 3 : Long-edge feeding of A4 sheets from 1st paper tray, using document glass, without Auto Colour
Selection and Auto Colour mode, polygon motor running. May take longer when taking a copy for the
first time immediately after turning the machine on.
* 4 : Some features require option(s).
* 5 : Optional MX-FWX1 required.
* 6 : B/W documents only, scanned at under 400-dpi resolution. Max. 800 mm for Internet faxing or when
scanning at 600 x 600-dpi resolution.
* 7: Measured using Sharp's standard chart (A4 with 6% coverage, B/W). The Quick File Folder shares
the HDD with the Job Build function; up to 12GB of data storage is available when using both
functions. The storage capacity will be less for colour pages.
* 8: Optional MX-PKX1 required for Mac OS, EtherTalk, and P53.
* 9: Some features are not available according to the printer driver used.
*10: Based on Sharp's standard chart with approx. 700 characters (A4 long-edge feeding) at standard
resolution in Super G3 mode, 33,600 bps, JBIG compression.
- Design and specification are subject to change without prior notice.
- Colour variations to products may occur due to printing.
- Some features require optional items. Please consult with an authorised Sharp Reseller for deatils.
- All information and technical details are correct as at machine release date.
- Windows, Windows NT, Windows Vista, and Windows Server are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- All other brand names and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- The Energy Star logo is a certification mark and may only be used to certify products that have been determined to meet the Energy Star programme requirements. Energy Star is a US registered mark. The Energy Star guidelines apply to products only in the US, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan.
Business Products Warranty Statement
This Sharp product is warranted against faults in material and manufacture for the
period as stated in the table below.
In the event of any defect arising in the equipment during the warranty period, such
repairs should only be carried out by the Dealer from which the unit was originally
purchased or a Service Centre approved by Sharp to service this type of
equipment These repairs would be carried out at no charge to the owner, subject to the conditions
This warranty does not extend to defects or injuries caused by or resulting from causes
not attributable to faulty parts or the manufacture of the product, including but not
limited to, defect or injury caused by or resulting from misuse, abuse, neglect, lack
of maintenance, accidental damage, improper voltage, liquid spillage, vermin infestation,
software, or any alterations made to the product which are not authorised by Sharp.
Please retain your sales documentation, as this should be produced to validate a
warranty claim. This warranty is in addition to and in no way limits, varies or excludes
any implied rights and remedies under any relevant legislation in the country of sale.
This warranty does not cover transportation to and from the Sharp Approved Service
Centre. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same
type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
The repair of your goods may result in the loss of user generated data, please ensure
that you have saved this data elsewhere prior to repair.
Australian customers: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded
under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund
for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable
loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced
if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount
to a major failure. The criteria of a major failure is defined in the Australian
Consumer Law. Should you require any assistance with a major failure please contact Sharp Customer Care.
||24 months (excluding lamps and air filters)
|Copier / Printer
|| 6 months
|Information Display Panel
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This warranty
applies to products sold in Australia & New Zealand