Small Business up to 30 cpm
16 cpm Duplex Copier / Printer
Put Powerful Colour Scanning on Your Performance Agenda
Brilliant Colour Scanning—Setting the Tone for High Performance
Thanks to Sharp, just one powerful document solution is all you need to keep pace with today’s high-speed, graphic-intensive business communications. The compact, user-friendly MX-M160D delivers ultra-efficient copying/printing, brilliant colour scanning, and optional Super G3 faxing to boost productivity while covering all your basic office needs. Plus, adding powerful network printing and full-colour network scanning options gives the MX-M160D the functionality to grow along with your business.
- Four-in-one functionality (copy, print, colour scan, and fax(option)).
- Full-colour, 600-dpi scanning up to size A3, with convenient scan utility software (Sharpdesk and Button Manager).
- Upgradeable to network printing and network colour scanning (scan to e-mail, FTP server, or desktop).
- Scan Once/Print Many function, electronic sorting, and offset stacking boost copying efficiency.
- Built-in stackless duplex module for efficient two-sided copying/printing.
- 40-sheet Reversing Single Pass Feeder or 40-sheet Single Pass Feeder (option).
- 350-sheet paper capacity, expandable to max. 1,100 sheets.
- IP/MAC address filtering restricts unauthorised access (option).
- LDAP support for easy browsing of e-mail addresses (option).
- Super G3 faxing with JBIG compression (option)
Speedy Copying and Quick First Copy Time
Large Paper Capacity
Scan Once/Print Many and Electronic Sorting
Versatile Editing Functions
Built-in Duplex Module and Optional RSPF
Superb Image Quality
- A3 Full-Colour Scanning
- Push and Pull Scanning
- Sharpdesk for Total Document Management
- Full Colour Network Scanning (option)
- Scan to Desktop, E-Mail, or FTP Server
- LDAP Support
- High-Speed Operation
- Auto Dialling
- Quick On-Line Transmission
- PC-Fax Transmission (requires optional MF-FX10)
- Job Separator
- Duplex Transmission and Reception
||Max. 20/16 cpm/ppm (A4)|
||Max. A3, min. A6|
||MX-M200D: 600 sheets (250 x 2 + 100), max. 1,100 sheets|
||MX-M160D: 350 sheets (250 + 100), max. 1,100 sheets|
||Tray: 56 g/m2 to 90 g/m2|
||Multi-bypass tray: 56 g/m2 to 200 g/m2|
||Less than 45 sec.|
||MX-M200D/M160D: 48MB (shared)|
||Optional memory: 256MB (MX-ARSM5)|
||230 - 240V AC, 550/60 Hz|
|Power consumption (max.)
|Dimensions (W x D x H)*1
||MX-M200D: 590 x 574 x 522 mm|
||MX-M160D: 590 x 574 x 437 mm|
||MX-M200D: 33.0 kg|
||MX-M160D: 28.1 kg|
||Toner save mode, pre-heat/auto power shut-off modes,|
||copy/print/scan user control*2 (50 accounts total)|
|Original paper size
|First copy time*3
||Max. 999 copies|
||Scan: 600 x 600 dpi (Photo mode), 600 x 300 dpi (Auto/Text mode)|
||Print: 600 x 600 dpi|
||Scan: 256 levels|
||Print: 2 levels|
||25% to 400% (50% to 200% using RSPF/SPF) in 1% increments|
|Preset copy ratios
||10 ratios (5 reduction + 5 enlargement)|
||Auto paper selection, auto magnification selection, auto tray switching,|
||rotation copy, Scan Once/Print Many, electronic sorting, original paper|
||size input, 2-sided copy orientation change, margin shift, XY zoom,|
||edge/centre erase, dual page copy, interrupt, stream feeding,|
||multi-shot (4-in-1, 2-in-1), card shot, duplex copy, offset stack|
||600 x 600 dpi|
||Windows® 2000/XP, Windows Vista®|
||Standard: SPLC (Sharp Printer Language with Compression)|
||Option*4: PCL 6/5e emulation, PS3 emulation|
||80 fonts for PCL, 136 fonts for PS3 emulation|
||RIP Once/Print Many, duplex print, N-up (2/4/6), fit to page,|
||image orientation, auto paper selection, rotation print,|
||output tray selection, image adjustment, pure black and white,|
||watermarks, status window, offset print|
||Push scan (via control panel), pull scan (TWAIN-compliant application)|
||Push scan: 75, 100, 150, 200, 300, 400, 600 dpi|
||Pull scan: 75, 100, 150, 200, 300, 400, 600 dpi|
|| 50 to 9,600 dpi via user setting|
||Windows® 2000/XP, Windows Vista®|
||Button Manager, Sharpdesk|
|Network Printing/Scanning (optional MX-NB10 required)|
||USB 2.0, 10Base-T/100Base-TX|
||Windows® 2000/XP, Windows Server® 2003/2008, Windows Vista®|
||Mac OS 9.0 to 9.2.2, Mac OS X 10.2.8, 10.3.9, 10.4.11, 10.5 to 10.5.6|
||TCP/IP, IPX/SPX (NetWare), NetBEUI, EtherTalk (AppleTalk)|
||PDF, TIFF, JPEG|
||600 dpi, 300 dpi*7|
||75, 100, 150, 200, 300, 400, 600 dpi|
||64MB, expandable to max. 320MB with SO-DIMM 256MB (144-pin)|
||Printer administration utility, printer status monitor, LDAP support,|
||IP/MAC address filtering, port/protocol management, direct PDF/TIFF|
||printing, barcode font compatibility, font/form download,|
||network scan (scan to e-mail/FTP server/desktop)|
|* 1 : Dimensions and weight include two paper trays for MX-M200D and one paper tray for MX-M160D.|
|* 2 : Optional MX-NB10 required for print/scan user control.|
|* 3 : When feeding A4 sheets from top paper tray, polygon motor running.|
|* 4 : Optional MX-NB10 required. Optional MX-PK10 also required for PostScript printing.|
|* 5 : Scan resolution varies according to the amount of memory installed.|
|* 6 : Optional MX-PK10 required for Mac OS and EtherTalk.|
|* 7 : 300 dpi can be selected only when using the PCL6 or PCL5e printer driver.|
|* 8 : Some features require options.|
|* 9 : Based on an A4 document with approx. 700 characters at standard resolution in Super G3 mode, 33,600 bps, JBIG|
- Design and specification are subject to change without prior notice.
- Colour variations to products may occur due to printing.
- Some features require optional items. Please consult with an authorised Sharp Reseller for deatils.
- All information and technical details are correct as at machine release date.
- Windows, Windows NT, Windows Vista, and Windows Server are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- All other brand names and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- The Energy Star logo is a certification mark and may only be used to certify products that have been determined to meet the Energy Star programme requirements. Energy Star is a US registered mark. The Energy Star guidelines apply to products only in the US, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan.
Business Products Warranty Statement
This Sharp product is warranted against faults in material and manufacture for the
period as stated in the table below.
In the event of any defect arising in the equipment during the warranty period, such
repairs should only be carried out by the Dealer from which the unit was originally
purchased or a Service Centre approved by Sharp to service this type of
equipment These repairs would be carried out at no charge to the owner, subject to the conditions
This warranty does not extend to defects or injuries caused by or resulting from causes
not attributable to faulty parts or the manufacture of the product, including but not
limited to, defect or injury caused by or resulting from misuse, abuse, neglect, lack
of maintenance, accidental damage, improper voltage, liquid spillage, vermin infestation,
software, or any alterations made to the product which are not authorised by Sharp.
Please retain your sales documentation, as this should be produced to validate a
warranty claim. This warranty is in addition to and in no way limits, varies or excludes
any implied rights and remedies under any relevant legislation in the country of sale.
This warranty does not cover transportation to and from the Sharp Approved Service
Centre. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same
type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
The repair of your goods may result in the loss of user generated data, please ensure
that you have saved this data elsewhere prior to repair.
Australian customers: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded
under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund
for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable
loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced
if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount
to a major failure. The criteria of a major failure is defined in the Australian
Consumer Law. Should you require any assistance with a major failure please contact Sharp Customer Care.
||24 months (excluding lamps and air filters)
|Copier / Printer
|| 6 months
|Information Display Panel
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This warranty
applies to products sold in Australia & New Zealand