Fish in Chinese Cabbage Leaves
2 Chinese cabbage leaves, rinsed
2 x 100g fish fillets
Juice of half a lemon
½ teaspoon lemon zest
4 large continental parsley leaves
Lemon or lime wedges, to serve
½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
2 tablespoons white wine
½ shallot, finely sliced
½ teaspoon light soy sauce
3 tablespoons water
Step by step
- Place the cabbage leaves directly onto the microwave turntable. Cook for 40 seconds on MEDIUM HIGH (70%). Allow to stand until cool enough to handle.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the sauce ingredients and mix well. Set aside to allow the flavours to develop.
- Place each of the fish fillets in the centre of the cabbage leaf. Pour the lemon juice over the fish, and sprinkle with the lemon zest and parsley. Wrap the fish in the leaves to make two parcels.
- Place the fish parcels in a shallow microwave safe pie plate. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes on MEDIUM HIGH (70%). Allow to stand for 2 minutes.
- Drizzle the ginger sauce over the fish parcels and serve with wedges of lemon or lime and rice.