1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 fresh birds eye chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
500g minced beef
1 egg yolk
½ teaspoon dried parsley
½ teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon salt
Ground black pepper to taste
Step by step
- In a small microwave safe glass bowl combine the oil, garlic, chilli and shallots. Cook for 1 minute on MICROWAVE HIGH (100%). Set aside.
- PREHEAT GRILL. Set time for 12 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg yolk, parsley, coriander, salt and pepper. Add the garlic and chilli mixture. Mix until well combined.
- With your hands, roll mixture into 3-4 cm meatballs (large enough not to slip through the wire racks).
- Arrange the meatballs on the high rack. Cook for 9-12 minutes on GRILL, turning halfway through.
Makes 30 meatballs (approximately)