Grilled Sweet and Soy Chicken
1.5kg chicken (approximately)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
¼ tablespoon ground black pepper
Step by step
- PREHEAT OVEN 200˚C.
- Wash and dry the chicken well and tie legs together with string. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, olive oil, ginger and pepper.
- Baste the chicken with the sweet and soy mixture. Reserve some mixture to baste chicken while cooking.
- Place chicken breast side down on the low rack. Cook for 28-34 minutes on HIGH MIX 200˚C.
- Allow to stand covered with foil for 10 minutes before serving.