4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5cm cubes
2 tablespoons water
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons chopped fresh or ½ teaspoon dried oregano
Ground black pepper to taste
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon paprika
1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
Shaved parmesan cheese, to garnish
Black olives, pitted and sliced, to garnish
Step by step
- In a large microwave safe glass bowl, rinse the potato cubes and add the water. Cover and cook for 8 minutes on HIGH (100%), stirring after 4 minutes. Drain.
- In a small microwave safe glass bowl, combine the butter and garlic. Cook for 20 seconds on HIGH (100%), until melted.
- Mix the oregano, pepper, cumin and paprika into the garlic butter.
- Add the tomato and the garlic butter to the potato, mixing to coat the potato well.
- Cook, uncovered for 10 minutes on HIGH (100%), stirring after 5 minutes.
- Top with the parmesan cheese and olives, and serve as a side dish or with a green salad.