Asian Beef Salad
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
4 steak fillets (approximately 125g each)
125g bean sprouts
4 shallots, finely sliced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
½ large red capsicum, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 fresh birds eye chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
2 teaspoons lemongrass, finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon sesame oil
Step by step
- PREHEAT OVEN 180˚C.
- In a small bowl, combine the black pepper and Chinese five spice. Press this mixture onto all sides of the steak fillets.
- Place the steaks on the low rack. Cook for 10-12 minutes on HIGH MIX 180˚C, turning over half way through. When cool, cut each filet into thin slices.
- In a small bowl, combine the bean sprouts, shallots, ginger and capsicum.
- In a separate bowl, combine the soy sauce, chilli, lemongrass, olive oil and sesame oil. Mix until well combined.
- To serve, arrange the beef slices across the top of the bean sprout mixture and drizzle with the dressing mixture.