Asian Greens in Oyster Sauce
200g choy sum
250g bok choy
6 cups hot water
1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
½ teaspoon sesame seeds, plus extra to garnish
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
3 tablespoons vegetable stock
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon caster sugar
Step by step
- Wash and trim the greens. Cut into equal lengths of approximately 10cm.
- In a large microwave safe glass bowl, add hot water, cover and heat for 3 minutes in HIGH (100%).
- Add the greens. Cook for 30 – 60 seconds on HIGH (100%).
- Quickly transfer the greens to a bowl of iced water to stop the cooking process and prevent wilting. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe glass bowl, combine the oil, ginger and sesame seeds. Cook for 1 minute on HIGH (100%).
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the garnish. Cook for 2 minutes on HIGH (100%).
- Arrange the greens on a large plate. Pour the sauce over and toss to coat the greens. Garnish with extra sesame seeds.
- Serve as a side dish with an Asian meal or alone with rice.