Baked Eggs with Bacon and Basil
Created using the R890EST 110W
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
2 rashers bacon, chopped
½ red onion, diced
400g diced tomatoes
¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
½ teaspoon chilli flakes, optional
Salt and pepper to season
2 free range eggs
Step By Step:
- In a microwave safe bowl cook the bacon and onion for 4 - 5 minutes at 1100W. Stir the bacon and onion half way through cooking. The bacon will make a popping sound while cooking, this is normal.
- Add the diced tomatoes, basil and chilli to the bacon and onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture between 2 microwave safe ramekins.
- Make a well in the centre of each ramekin and crack an egg in each hole. Pierce the egg yolk and egg white with a fork.
- Microwave for 2 minutes at 1100W. Then microwave for a further 5 minutes at 880W or until the egg white is cooked.
- Serve with crusty bread if desired.