Recipe created using the R820EBK Sharp Microwave Oven
500g fresh beetroots, peeled and cubed
2 cups hot water
3 cloves garlic, minced
750ml vegetable stock
400ml can coconut cream
½ cup fresh basil
1 slice day old bread
2 teaspoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to season
Step by step
- Add beetroots to large microwave safe bowl, cover with hot water.
- Cook beetroots using the 'Fresh Vegetables' Auto Menu. Check that beetroots are cooked by piercing with a fork. If the beetroots require more cooking, microwave on HIGH (100%) in 2 minute intervals.
- Drain cooked beetroots and place into a food processor. Add garlic, basil, salt and pepper and process until pureed.
- Add 300ml of the coconut cream along with the vegetable stock and process until combined.
- Place the soup into a large microwave safe bowl and heat on high (100%) for 3-4 minutes, stirring half way.
- Croutons: Slice bread into cubes, drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cook on the HIGH RACK lined with foil for 4 minutes on CONVECTION 220˚C.
- Serve with croutons, fresh basil and a drizzle of coconut cream.