Broccoli and Almonds with Black Pepper Dressing
250g broccoli, cut into florets
1 small spanish onion, sliced
1 small red capsicum, sliced
2 tablespoons flaked almonds
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
Pinch sea salt
Step by step
- In a 2 litre microwave safe casserole dish, combine the broccoli and onion. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes on HIGH (100%).
- Add the capsicum. Cook for 30 -60 seconds on HIGH (100%). Allow to stand for 1 minute.
- Place the almonds in a single layer on a sheet of paper towel. Cook for 60 – 90 seconds on HIGH (100%), turning at least every 20 seconds. Watch closely to prevent burning. Set aside.
- Combine the vinegar, oil, pepper and salt in a small dish. Whisk for a few seconds to combine.
- Just prior to serving, pour the dressing over the broccoli, toss and sprinkle over the almonds.
- Serve with fish, chicken or meat, or as part of a vegetarian meal.