Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 bunch basil leaves, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 long narrow French bread (approximately 200-300g)
Oil to brush
Step by step
- PREHEAT GRILL. Set time form 3 minutes.
- Place tomatoes in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 2-3 minutes. Drain. When tomatoes are cool enough to touch, carefully peel and remove skins. Cut each tomato in half, removing seeds, and juice with a spoon. Chop the remaining tomatoes into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, add the chopped tomato, garlic, oil, balsamic vinegar, basil leaves, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Slice the bread into 2cm thick pieces. Brush one side with oil and place oil side down on the high rack. Cook for 1 ½ - 2 ½ minutes on GRILL.
- Place tomato mixture on grilled bread and serve immediately.