Chicken Penne Salad
4 chicken thigh fillets
2 cups penne
4 cups hot water
100g black pepper soft cheese
1 cup chicken stock
½ red capsicum , chopped
½ yellow capsicum, chopped
1 stick celery, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Step by step
- In a small microwave safe glass bowl, add the butter. Cook for 20 seconds on HIGH (100%), until melted.
- Trim fat off chicken thigh fillets, brush with melted butter, season with salt and pepper and place on a microwave safe roasting rack. Cook for 6-8 minutes on MEDIUM HIGH (70%), turning half way through. Chop into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe glass bowl, combine the pasta and water. Cook for 14 minutes on HIGH (100%), stirring after 7 minutes. Allow to stand for 5 minutes, then stir and strain. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium microwave safe glass bowl, combine the cheese and stock. Cook for 2 minutes on HIGH (100%).
- In a large bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients and stir in the chicken, pasta and sauce.
- Serve with fresh bread and a green salad.