Chilli and Tomato Spaghetti
350g spaghetti, snapped in half
1 ½ litres hot water
1 birdseye chilli, finely chopped
1 Spanish onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 large roma tomatoes, diced
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 handfuls of chopped continental parsley
Step by step
- In a large microwave safe glass bowl combine the spaghetti and hot water. Cook for 10-12 minutes on HIGH (100%), stirring after 5-6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe glass bowl add the oil, onion and chilli. Cook for 2 minutes on HIGH (100%).
- Add garlic, cook for 1 minute on HIGH (100%).
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper, cook for 4 minutes on HIGH (100%), stirring half way through.
- Place spaghetti in serving dish, add parsley and sauce. Stir until well combined
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.