Dark Chocolate Bliss Balls
Makes: approximately 15 balls
- 2 cups dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 4 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 250g good quality dark chocolate
- Your choice of garnish, we used coconut and goji berries
Step by step:
- In a food processor and the dates and coconut oil. Process for 2 minutes or until the dates reach a smooth consistency.
- Add the nuts, nut butter, cocoa powder and salt. Process until well combined, make sure to scrap down the sides on the food processor with a spatula to ensure that all of the ingredients are combined well.
- Roll 1 tablespoon of mixture into a ball, then repeat until you have used all of the mixture. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the dark chocolate for dipping.
- In a small glass bowl add the dark chocolate broken in to pieces. Melt the chocolate in the microwave using the Melt Chocolate Auto Menu. Stir the chocolate half way through melting.
- Take the balls out on refrigerator and dip them into the melted chocolate, coating each ball completely.
- Place the balls onto a sheet of baking paper to set. Before the chocolate is set add the garnishes.
- Store in the refrigerator.