Dutch Christmas Cookies
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 ¾ cups self-raising flour, sifted
- ½ cup demerara sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon all spice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 100g butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Zest of 1 orange
- Egg white for brushing
Step by step:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients and mix.
- Knead the mixture well. You should be able to knead the dough without it sticking to your hands.
- Roll the dough into 20 balls.
- Place the balls onto the baking paper and flatten gently.
- Brush the tops of the cookies with egg white and then bake for 20 minutes or until the cookies have risen and the turned golden brown.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy!