1-2 tablespoons ready-made laksa paste
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh lemon grass
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 litre fish stock
300g fish fillets, cut into cubes or 300g green king prawns, peeled and deveined or both
270ml coconut cream
200g vermicelli noodles
Fresh coriander to garnish
Freshly squeezed lemon to taste
Fresh garlic flakes to garnish
Step by step
- In a large bowl, add the noodles and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak until soft, then drain. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe glass bowl, place laksa paste, oil, lemon grass and garlic. Cook on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds.
- Add the fish sauce and stock. Cook for 3 minutes on HIGH (100%).
- Add the fish and/or prawns. Cook for 5-7 minutes on MEDIUM (50%).
- Stir through the coconut cream. Cook for 5 minutes on MEDIUM (50%).
- Place the bean shoots and noodles into a serving bowl, and pour the laksa soup over.
- Garnish with the freshly torn coriander and garlic flakes, and lemon juice to taste.