Hot Cross Bun Microwave Puddings
- 4 store bought hot cross buns
- 2 free range eggs
- 200ml milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- To make the custard: In a microwave safe bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Microwave at 500W for 4 minutes. Stir the mixture at 1 minute intervals to ensure that is it cooked evenly.
- Remove the custard from the microwave and set aside.
- Chop each hot cross bun into bite size pieces and divide between 4 microwave safe bowls.
- Pour the custard mixture over the hot cross buns.
- Microwave the pudding at 1000W for 30 seconds to 1 minute to heat them up.
- Serve immediately.