Marinated Baby Octopus
400g baby octopus
1 kiwifruit, mashed
1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
Extra coriander leaves, to garnish
Lime wedges, to serve
Step by step
- Rinse the octopus thoroughly, making sure the heads are clean.
- In a small bowl, combine the octopus and kiwifruit and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes; do not exceed this time, as the octopus will fall apart if marinated for too long.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, garlic and coriander.
- Rinse the octopus well under running water, remove all traces of kiwifruit.
- Transfer the rinsed octopus to the bowl containing the sauces. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Arrange the marinated baby octopus on a microwave safe rack; position the thicker head sections on the outer edge. Cook for 6-8 minutes on MEDIUM (50%), turning every 2 minutes; a shorter or longer time may be necessary depending on your preference of texture.
- Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve with the lime wedges on salad greens.