Mini Cheesy-Mite Pies
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 250g beef mince
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Vegemite
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ¼ cup shredded tasty cheese
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 sheets short crust pastry
- 2 sheets puff pastry
Step by step:
- In a large microwave safe bowl cook the onion and the olive oil at 1000W for 2 minutes.
- Add the mince, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, vegemite, curry powder, cheese and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Microwave at 1000W for 5 – 10 minutes or until the mince is cooked through. Stir the mixture halfway through to ensure that it is cooked evenly.
- Set mixture aside and preheat the microwave oven to 200°C.
- Cut the short crust pastry into 12 rounds with a cutter. Place each round into a greased non stick muffin pan. This will make the crust of the pies.
- Fill each pastry base with an equal amount of the mince filling.
- Cut the puff pastry into 12 small rounds (large enough to cover the top of the pies). Brush the rounds with some water and place on top of each pie. Press the edges down to seal.
- Make a small incision in each lid to allow air to escape and prevent the filling from bubbling out of the side. Brush the tops with some egg white.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve Pies with tomato sauce.