Makes: 30 biscuits
Cooking time: 12 minutes
190g butter, chopped into cubes
1 cup caster sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
2 ½ cups plain flour, sifted
Optional: To make the biscuits chocolate flavored add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
Step by step:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- In a food processor combine the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add in the flour and eggs process until the mixture forms a soft dough.
- Place the dough on a bench and knead together slightly shaping the dough into a disk.
- Wrap the dough in cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until the desired thickness is reached.
- Cut shapes in the dough and then place the biscuits onto a lined tray.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the biscuits to cool on a cooling rack before decorating and serving.