Paradise Chicken with Couscous
500g chicken thigh fillets, thinly sliced
½ cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 onions, finely diced
1 x 400g can peeled whole tomatoes
8 fresh basil leaves
2 cups couscous
2 cups boiling chicken stock, extra
30g butter, chopped into small squares
Cracked black pepper to taste
Step by step
- In a 3 litre microwave safe casserole dish, combine the oil, garlic, tomato paste and onion. Cook for 2-4 minutes on HIGH (100%), until the onion collapses.
- Add the chicken, stock, tomatoes and half of the basil leaves. Mix well. Cook uncovered, for 15-16 minutes on MEDIUM HIGH (70%), stirring twice during cooking.
- Allow to stand for 3 minutes before serving.
- To make the couscous, combine the grains and the hot stock in a large bowl. Push the butter squares into the couscous and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Separate the grains with a fork.
- Serve the chicken on the couscous, season with cracked black pepper and garnish with basil leaves.