Prawn and Mango Summer Canapes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 12 tiger prawns, shelled and deveined
- Cheeks of 2 mangoes, cubed
- ½ cucumber, cubed
- ¼ small red onion, finely diced
- ¼ bunch coriander, chopped
- 6 mint leaves, chopped
- 3 red chillies, finely sliced
- 1 lime
- 12 mini pappadums
1) In a microwave safe bowl cook the prawns at 1100W for 2 to 3 minutes or until prawns have cooked through. Stir the prawns half way through to ensure that they are cooked evenly. Set prawns aside.
2) In a separate bowl combine the mango, cucumber, onion, coriander, mint and chilli. Set aside.
3) Cook the pappadums in the microwave according to the packet instructions.
4) Place the pappadums on a serving platter and fill with the mango salad. Top each pappadum with a prawn and drizzle with lime juice. Serve immediately.
Note: It is best to assemble to canapes just before serving to prevent the pappadums from becoming soggy.