Model: R890EST 1100W
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 minutes
Makes: approximately 2 cups
- ½ head of cabbage, shredded
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Prepare the cabbage and onion.
- Place into a large microwave safe bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix together well.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap. Poke a few holes in the cling wrap so that air is able to escape.
- Microwave at 1100W for 6 – 8 minutes. Stir the mixture half way.
- Take care when removing the sauerkraut from the microwave.
- Serve as a side.
- For a more developed taste, allow to develop in the fridge for a few days.