San Choy Bau
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
5cm fresh ginger, finely chopped
500g pork or chicken mince
100g button mushrooms, finely chopped
4 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon finely chopped red capsicum
1 tablespoon finely chopped green capsicum
1 x 227g can water chestnuts, drained and finely diced
3 teaspoons fish sauce
50g bean sprouts
2 shallots, sliced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh coriander
12 evenly sized iceberg lettuce leaves, washed
Step by step
- In a large microwave safe glass bowl, combine the oil, garlic and ginger. Cook on MEDIUM HIGH (70%) for 1 minute.
- Add the mince and separate with a fork. Cook for 4 minutes on MEDIUM (50%) stirring after 2 minutes to separate the mince, and again at the end of cooking.
- Add the mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes on MEDIUM (50%).
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the lettuce, and combine well. Cook for 2 minutes on MEDIUM HIGH (70%). Allow to stand for 2 minutes.
- Place a few spoonfuls of the cooked mixture in the centre of each lettuce leaf and roll up to eat.