Sushi Salad Bowl with Pickled Radish
- 1 cup brown rice and red quinoa mix
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 4 radishes
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1cm nob ginger, grated
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1 small carrot, cut into matchsticks
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- I small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 150 grams smoked salmon
- 2 nori sheets, sliced
- Sesame seeds
- Soy sauce
- Kewpie mayonnaise
Step by Step:
- Rinse rice and quinoa under running water.
- Place rice and quinoa into a large microwave safe bowl and cover with 2 ½ cups of water.
- Microwave at 1200W for 27 minutes. Stir half way through cooking. Take care when removing the bowl from the microwave.
- Dress the rice and quinoa with rice wine vinegar and mirin. Stir to combine. Set aside to cool.
- Thinly slice radishes into rounds.
- Place in a microwave safe bowl and cover with ½ cup of white vinegar.
- Add grated ginger and lemon zest.
- Microwave at 1200W for 2 minutes.
- Take care when removing the pickle from the microwave. Set aside to cool.
Divide rice and quinoa between two serving bowls. Top with smoked salmon, nori sheets, pickled radishes, carrot, red cabbage and avocado. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with soy sauce and kewpie if mayonnaise if desired.