Sweet Potato and Quinoa Salad with Orange Dressing
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 150g salad leaves
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pepita seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 70g Danish feta
- Zest and juice of 2 oranges
- 60ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step by step:
- Pierce the sweet potato with a fork several times. Cook using the Sweet Potato Auto Menu or microwave at 1200W for 10 – 15 minutes. Turn the sweet potatoes over half way through cooking. Set aside to cool. Then remove the skin and cut the flesh into bite size pieces.
- Rinse the quinoa under running water. Place quinoa and 2 cups of water in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave using the Quinoa Auto Menu or cook at 1200W for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked through. Stir the quinoa half way through cooking. Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime prepare the salad dressing by mixing all of the salad dressing ingredients together.
- Arrange the salad leaves and herbs on a large serving platter. Top with the sweet potato, quinoa, onion, pepita seeds, cranberries and feta. Drizzle over the dressing and toss gently to combine.