Thai Vegetable Noodle Soup
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
100g vermicelli noodles
2 cups vegetable stock
2cm piece fresh ginger, grated
1 ½ tablespoons oyster sauce
2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
1 carrot, thinly sliced
50g cabbage, sliced
100g cauliflower, cut into florets
200g canned baby corn
1 shallot, sliced
100g snow peas, topped and tailed
1 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander
Step by step
- In a large bowl, add the noodles and cover with the boiling water. Leave to soak until soft, then drain. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe glass bowl, combine the oil and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes on MEDIUM HIGH (70%), stirring every minute.
- Add the stock, ginger, sauces, carrot, cabbage and cauliflower. Cook for 3-5 minutes on HIGH (100%).
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cook for 5-8 minutes on high (100%).
- Place the noodles into a serving bowl, and pour the soup over.