Valentine's Day Cookies
Makes: 15 biscuits
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 100g butter, chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Food colouring if desired
Step by step:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- In a food processor combine the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add in the flour and egg, process until the mixture forms a soft dough.
- Place the dough on a bench and knead together slightly shaping the dough into a disk. Wrap the dough in cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until the desired thickness is reached.
- Cut shapes in the dough into heart shapes and then place the biscuits onto a lined tray.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the biscuits to cool on a cooling rack before decorating and serving.
- For the icing, whisk all of the ingredients together until a spreadable consistency is achieved. Spread the icing over the cooled biscuits. Store in an air tight container.