Vegan Mocha Cupcakes
Makes: 12 cupcakes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 200ml almond mil, or other nut milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup spelt flour, sifted
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 125g Nuttelex or other vegan butter alternative, cubed
- 3 cups icing sugar, sifted
- ½ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
Step by step:
Preheat the convection microwave to 180°C. Line 2 x 6 hole muffin pan with cupcake cases.
Combine the almond milk and apple cider together, it will start to thicken slightly.
Ass the coconut oil and vanilla.
In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients. Pour over the wet ingredients and beat the mixture with an electric beater until it is well combines.
Fill the cupcake cases ¾ of the way full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
For the icing beat the butter and icing sugar using an electric beater until light and fluffy. Add in the cocoa and continue beating until well combined.
Spread the icing mixture evenly over the cupcakes and serve. Top each cupcake with a coffee bean for decoration.