1 clove garlic, crushed
1 onion, peeled and diced
1 parsnip, peeled and diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1 zucchini, diced
3 sticks celery, sliced
½ and eggplant, diced
4 cups vegetable stock
½ cup canned chickpeas, drained
1 x 400g can crushed tomato
1 tablespoon tomato paste
½ cup risoni pasta
Salt and pepper to taste
Freshly grated parmesan cheese, to garnish
Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
Step by step
- In a large microwave safe glass bowl add the butter, garlic and onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes on HIGH (100%), stirring after 1 minute.
- Add the parsnip and carrot. Cook for 5-6 minutes on HIGH (100%), stirring after 2-3 minutes.
- Add the celery and zucchini. Cook for 3-4 minutes on HIGH (100%).
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the garnishes, and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes on HIGH (100%), stirring occasionally.
- To serve, garnish with the parmesan cheese and torn basil leaves.