Vegetarian Stuffed Capsicum
4 large red capsicums
2 shallots, sliced
100g green beans, topped, tailed and sliced
1 cup long grain rice, rinsed well
1 tablespoon wild rice
1 ½ cups vegetable stock
310g can corn kernals
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
2 tablespoons pine nuts
Step by step
- Cut a large, circular hole in the top of each capsicum to remove the stalk. Scrape out the seeds. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe glass bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, except the coriander and pine nuts. Cook for 12 -15 minutes on MEDIUM HIGH (70%), until the rice is cooked. Stir once during cooking.
- Place pine nuts on paper towel on a microwave safe plate. Cook on HIGH (100%) for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until toasted.
- Stir the coriander and pine nuts through the rice mixture and spoon into each capsicum.
- Place the stuffed capsicums in a shallow microwave safe dish. Cook for 5-7 minutes on MEDIUM HIGH (70%), rotating half way through.
- Serve as an accompaniment to a main meal, or on its own with a green salad.