Vietnamese Noodle Bowl
Serves: 4 - 6
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Microwave: R890EST 1100W
- 500g pork mince
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 250g vermicelli noodles, prepared according to packet directions
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced and pickled lightly*
- 2 cucumbers thinly sliced and picked lightly*
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- ½ cup mint
- ¼ cup coriander
- ¼ cup Thai basil
- ¼ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 80g peanuts
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- Combine all of the ingredients for the pork marinade in a microwave safe glass bowl. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes. Microwave at 1100W for 8 minutes. Stir the mince half way. Set aside.
- While the mince is cooking prepare the noodle bowl ingredients and dressing.
- Place the peanuts onto a microwave safe place. Toast in the microwave at 1100W for 4 minutes. Toss the peanuts halfway to ensure that they are toasted evenly. Allow to cool.
- To assemble the noodle bowl, divide all of the ingredients evenly between 4 bowls.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Serve the dressing on the side.
- Top the noodle bowls with the pork and serve.
- *Note: To pickle the vegetables simply sprinkle with a little caster sugar and drizzle with white vinegar. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before discarding the liquid.